My Girls

I have a ton of things I could write about, but I thought I would write my first memories about each of you.

Jessica Aron Bauer~ I was standing at Aunt Tookie's front door, it was early in the morning a cool and crisp Santa Cruz day. As I knocked my water broke and I knew I was going to have a baby within the next twenty four hours. I ended up having to go to Stanford hospital, It appeared that I was carring an extra tiny baby, and the hospital in Santa Cruz sent me away. I was treated to the newest forms of Medical science and at 7:am the next morning I was holding a perfectly healthy little girl. Jes was tiny and the most beautiful color, Bronze I had ever seen, not as dark as a copper penny but tan and shiny. Looking back I think she got Angel dust all over her as she waited to be born and it soaked in. Jes was 6 pounds and never cried, for the first 8 weeks.
Jes was the joy of her Big brother's world and their love was the sweetest union I have ever seen, it is like they had never been apart, their Heavenly friendship was rekindled at once.
I had to sit right next to Jay as I feed Jes, Jay would just put his hand on her head, and wait until she was done. Jay would stand next to her cradle and watch her sleep, this went on until she could crawl and then she would follow him.
Jes became Jays shadow, he never seemed annoyed that she was there. I remember Jay playing Lego's, with Christopher in his bedroom and he got mad that she was breaking all of the things he had made I blocked the doorway with a cardboard storage box. Jes could stand at but not get over, Jay would create something, play with it then put it on the box for Jes to inspect, she would try to copy what she had seen Jay do It was like he felt bad making a separation between Jessica and himself. It was beautiful. Jessica, how lucky you are to have Jay for your brother. I have been blessed.

Ginelle Hillary Britton~ Ginelle was one of my skilled births, the one that stands out somewhat above the others, It is a memory that is both touching and funny, with enough sadness tucked in to make it tender. I was doing what I do. Making salad for a ward activity and also Mar Dee's Salad... she was sick and I already had the items out. I had been cleaning the house all day and it was well put together, laundry neatly folded, dishes done and everything in its place. I decided not to go to the activity that evening, I was tired and didn't feel like visiting. I was going to take a shower and watch TV. I sent the salads with the Jim and sat in the chair. When Jim got back I was still sitting in the same spot. I got up to take a shower. I took off my shoes then stood up to take off my pants, My water broke. I sat down, (on Jays clean new comforter)I could tell that the baby was going to be born...
I tryed a few times to move but the Babies head was crowning and I wasn't going any where.
We called 911 And they asked how far apart the contractions were, I said this is my sixth baby and the head is crowning. I was going to have a baby, Jim would ask a question then put the phone down and run into the bathroom wash his hands with Listerine and then come in to me. Looking back I laugh. He would go back to the phone and ask me a question, one I couldn't see had any barring to the currant issue. "I yelled back just hang up on her."
Jay was sent out to the road to flag down the emergency response team. As Jim went from the phone to the Listerine and then came back into me~ I had a baby, a girl. She looked perfect, It was easy, I did it myself, there was no pain, I did have a little fear.. But we had Angels there with us. The Lord must have wanted this birth humble for that is what it was. The fire department was the first to the scene, with the big yellow fire coats. They came in to my clean house and pushed my neatly folded clothes off the washed dresser and placed their cases on it.(the same cases and coats they use when they help a drunk on the curb). I can still see the hand with the dirty sleeve reaching in to touch my newest gift from heaven. The look on my face must of been of pure shock because the fire guy pulled back his hand before it made contact. The paramedics arrived with the sirens blaring. My Dad came out and prayed and cryed, My Lynski! It's a girl, Dad, its a girl!
He made his way in to see all was well. He sure does love me. Thanks Dad!
I was moved to a gurney and and placed carefully into the back of an ambulance. Jay got to ride with me to the hospital in the front of the Ambulance to the hospital. Jay stayed with Ginelle as they took her to be checked out in the nursery.
I stayed over night and we came home bright and early the next morning, with another perfect baby girl, she weighed 2 1/2 pounds more than her sister. Welcome Ginelle

Meara Elizbeth Britton~ Wow this one started 4 days earlier, I had been having contractions, and i was dilated to 4 and I thought i might be in labor, so I called the hospital and asked, would there be someone there that could check me if I came down? We drove to the hospital it was a very stormy night, with lots of rain. When I got there I was still dilated to 4 maybe 4 and 1/2 the nurses suggested that I just stay the night, I did. In the morning the doctor on call wanted to induce me. I said no, that I was going to go home, She thought it best that I stay and we try some Trendy labor inducing hormones, which are rubbed on the cervix. We did and still nothing changed. I was hungry, Jim got sick during the night and I sent him home. so there wasn't anyone who would get me some food. I called Betty, she came down and I escaped the hospital, we went and ate at Togos, I got a turkey avocado and a big Dr. Pepper. we came back to the hospital and waited for the doctor to do her evening rounds. There was no change, but I was at a 5 for sure. Lets hook brake your water and you'll have this baby. No I've done that before, I don't think I want to again. I think I will just go home. It was Saturday the 17th of march and I wanted corn beef and cabbage, so I left the hospital dilated to 5 and went home. I watched a bunch of Irish music shows on tv and looked for named. (now that is another Blog altogether) I don't remember what I did on Sunday, but Monday I took kids to school and was madly cleaning the house, Dr. Mumm called, "Carrie what are you doing?" I feel fine and I think it doesn't feel like I am even in labor. "How did the Labor feel the last time?" Okay I will come in after I pick up the kids from soccer. Poor Dr. Mumm, I went into his office late that afternoon, I was dilated to 8 1/2~ 9 He was shocked that I had no pain and that the baby had not just fallen out :)
I let him talk me into breaking my water and then walking to the hospital next door. Nothing happened, and I wasn't about to let them hook me up to Petosin. We did everything to get my labor to go. It didn't, so late that evening I had to be induced. I had a pretty easy delivery but put myself continually in charge or the petosin drips. Just as I was pushing Betty came and was there for the birth of a sweet little 8+ pound girl. We named her Meara Elizabeth and went home.
Wow Emmy you've got a story, MEARA~EXCITEMENT that's you. I can't tell you how fun it was having you, my capital M little heart capital E little heart girl.

1 comment:

  1. those are all great stories! how do you keep track of all that stuff Mom? and how did you have some meny of us crazies and stay so awesome?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog, please let us know what you think.